Outlander: My favorite book of all time

Outlander: My favorite book of all time (This is a challenge to all authors to write a better book)

"In Outlander, a 600-page time-travel romance, strong-willed and sensual Claire Randall leads a double life with a husband in one century, and a lover in another. Torn between fidelity and desire, she struggles to understand the pure intent of her heart. But don't let the number of pages and the Scottish dialect scare you. It's one of the fastest reads you'll have in your library.

While on her second honeymoon in the British Isles, Claire touches a boulder that hurls her back in time to the forbidden Castle Leoch with the MacKenzie clan. Not understanding the forces that brought her there, she becomes ensnared in life-threatening situations with a Scots warrior named James Fraser. But it isn't all spies and drudgery that she must endure. For amid her new surroundings and the terrors she faces, she is lured into love and passion like she's never known before." --Amazon Review

• Outlander was recommended to me by my my Grandmother Ruth, who I will always be grateful to for doing so. This book changed my life in so many ways. For one, it was one of the reasons I began to read again. For years I detested reading. Mainly because of the 'Required Reading' lists that my school inflicted on me - which I never seemed to enjoy. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Nease High School for making me hate books (actually I blame the school system who chooses shitty books to make us read). I hate the fact that a school I loved - and love to this day -  ruined me on reading for so many years. I'll probably discuss this topic on a later date...

But - thank you to Diana Gabaldon for writing this enthralling story and to my grandmother for recomending this book. Because of them I have found my love for reading and I hope that gift never leaves me again! 5/5 stars •

1 comments:

Mandi said...

One of my favorites also. There is something very special about that book :)

Post a Comment